HOME REMEDIES FOR SPLEEN DISEASES
*Click on plant’s name for more info!
Enlarged spleen treatment – Splenomegaly
Spleen is a small organ situated on the left side, below the rib cage. It main functions include immunosurveillance, blood filtering, and removal of abnormal blood cells. When it is healthy, it is usually a size of a fist. Due to certain dysfunctions in our body (such as abnormal red cells, viral and bacterial infections etc.), spleen can grow in size. This condition is called splenomegaly. The following two remedies are an excellent adjunction to splenomegaly treatment.
Remedy for spleen disorders
· 3 tablespoons of Common Polypody root
· 1 tablespoon of Birch leaves
· 1 tablespoon of young Walnut leaves
· 1 tablespoon of Yarrow leaves and flowers
· 1 tablespoon of Absinthe Wormwood leaves and buds
· 1 l of water
Heat the water until it boils, and add the herb mixture. Remove it from heat, cover the saucepan and leave it rest for two hours. Strain the tea. The therapy goes the following way: drink 200 ml of tea three times a day before meals, 100 ml of tea (sweetened with honey) after breakfast and lunch and 200 ml after supper. The therapy should last 15 days.
Another excellent remedy for spleen disorders
· 1 tablespoon of Marigold flower
· 1 tablespoon of Dandelion roots or leaves
· 1 tablespoon of Ash leaves
· 1 tablespoon of Knotgrass aerial parts
· 0.6 l of water
Heat the water to a boiling point, add the herbal mixture and leave it steep in a covered saucepan for two hours. Strain it and drink the tea three times a day, before every meal. The therapy should last for 5 days.